Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My first batch of homemade french fries.

Ok, I have tried the first batch of Homemade french fries, and those fries were great.


For the first batch of homemade french fries the potatoes were pealed, cut into french fries, and thrown into the grease cooker. As soon as they came out they were ambushed with a legion of salt poured on them.


I used Idaho potatoes in this batch of homemade french fries and half the batch was seasoned and the other half was not. I preferred them without the seasoning by the way.


I'm still looking for great homemade french fry cooking ideas, so if you have any don't hesitate to post them here.





Share This Post

Digg This Add To Del.icio.us Add To Furl Add To Reddit Fav This With Technorati Add To Yahoo MyWeb Add To Newsvine Add To Google Bookmarks Add To Bloglines Add To Ask Add To Windows Live Add To Slashdot Stumble This

1 comment:

Bekks said...

I myself am trying to find a great recipe for homemade french fries. A few nights back on the Food Network show, "Diners, Drive-ins and Dives"~ they featured a diner in Minneapolis with homemade french fries. Apparently, they cut the potatoes, skin on, and soak them over night in a bucket of water with 3 "glubs" of vinegar. It was a HUGE bucket so maybe a "glub" would do. I am going to soak my fries tomorrow and try them!! I will let you know the outcome!